EVERY THING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR STAY at MITRA HERMITAGE
1) How to confirm my Booking?
To confirm your booking you have to send an advance payment of 25% of the total package cost along with the sending charges to our bank account in India.
2) How can I reach there?
- The nearest airport to the Mitra Hermitage is Trivandrum International airport which is at a distance of 8 Kilometre
- Nearest railway station is Trivandrum Central railway station, 6 Kilometres away. from the Mitra Hermitage
- Trivandrum central bus terminal is 6 Kilometres away and Thiruvallam bus stand is 5 minutes away from Mitra Hermitage.
- We are on Google Map and it could lead you to us
3) Do I need a passport and Visa for travel to India?
Yes, you need a passport and tourist visa for entry into India before your flight. Depending on your country of origin, passports can take up to 16 weeks to process, so apply early if you need a passport. It’s wise to apply for your visa early. A visa can usually be had within a week's time from your nearest India High Commission/Embassy/consulate. When you apply for your Indian Visa Your passport should have two empty pages for Visa and Emigration Stamping and is Mandatory or else your application will be rejected. Now India offers on arrival Visa for foreign nationals from 180 countries.
4) I would like to travel in India while I am there. What do you recommend?
- Best recommend that you finish your India travel and finish your stay at Mitra Hermitage as you can go back all recharged with health.
- If that is not possible, finish the treatments at Mitra Hermitage and make your travel but please make sure that you don’t get a food poisoning or infection as it will destroy all the results we have achieved from the treatments. Please consult with your physician before making any travel plan during the treatment process so that it does not interfere with the healing process.
5) What should I take along?
On your trip to Mitra Hermitage you can take along long sleeved shirts/Blouses and trousers preferably in cotton, cotton under garments, A pair of open shoes, Sun glasses, Hat, Mosquito repellents, medicines if used regularly/emergencies. Female clients are requested to bring tampons as it is not easily available in India.
6) What about Immunizations?
Make an appointment with your doctor or clinic to confirm that you are up to date on any needed immunizations. Explain that you are traveling to South India. Some immunizations and prophylactics commonly prescribed for travel to Northern India, such as preventative malaria medicine, are not recommended for travel to South India.
7) What kind of electricity supply is there at Mitra Hermitage?
We have 240v supply with 3 pin plug sockets in the main building and middle garden cottages at the Mitra Hermitage. The river front cottages are powered by Solar Energy and before you use any electronic gadget which consumes high power please inform the reception or else the whole electric system will shut down on any unauthorised use.
8) Are Tobacco, alcohol and Coffee allowed?
No, alcohol, Tobacco and coffee are not allowed within the premises of Mitra Hermitage. All the above mention inhibits the absorption of herbal medicines. Being a health facility, we presume guests would appreciate and abide by this policy.
9) What will I do with my time when I'm not receiving treatment?
The primary reason for receiving Ayurvedic treatments is to cleanse and rejuvenate your body/mind. It is a time when your energy and attention have an opportunity to turn inward. The mind quiets and the body relaxes. If you pay attention, you will notice many subtle changes that occur during the days of your treatments. In everyday life, your attention mostly goes outward and is spent. Each day, in your free time, you might want to practice meditation, journaling, contemplation, or reading spiritual books. If you like to partake in other activities such as walking or yoga, we suggest you do so with less intensity than usual. Basically, your Ayurvedic retreat is a time for repose and restoration. If you like. You can take short walks around Mitra Hermitage or take a Bus or Rickshaw to Kovalam Beach to view the sunset. Please consult with your physician to guide you for undertaking short sight seen trips in accordance with your treatment schedule. We have a library which has books in various subjects and languages please contact the reception for the book list. You can make use of the in house board games during your leisure time.
10) What about airport/Railway station pick up and Drop?
When you make a confirmed booking at Mitra Hermitage with Prior information of your Flight/Train Number, Time, Date of arrival etc. we will organise personalised pick up for you from Trivandrum Airport – Domestic and International terminals and Trivandrum Central railway station. After your duration of stay we will arrange drop to Trivandrum Airport – Domestic and International terminals and Trivandrum Central railway station. Complimentary Drop facility will not be arranged to any other destinations than the above mentioned places.
11) What about your Cancellation policy?
- No refund of advance payment will be given to all cancellation effected within 30 days prior to the check in date
- 50% refund of advance payment will be issued after deducting the sending charges if cancellation is effected from 30-45 days prior to the check in date.
- No Show/Early Departure: No refund will be made.
Cancellation of confirmed booking will be treated as follows:
12) Do you have Internet access?
Yes, we have Wi-Fi Connectivity in the river front cottages and in the waiting area of the main building. The quality of the reception is subject to weather conditions, Gadgets used and the speed of the IS Provider. Our office computer can be used at specified times. The management is not responsible for any loss of connectivity, speed quality as it is beyond our control.
13) What is the ambience like at Mitra Hermitage?
Mitra Hermitage is a registered Ayurveda hospital which caters to in local and foreign nationals. It is spread out in half acre of Lush greenery with lotus ponds, herbal and vegetable gardens. It is not a wellness centre but an Ayurveda hospital in a resort ambience with no swimming pool or bar.
14) What kind of accommodation do you have?
We have 3 Non A/C river front cottages, 2 Non A/C Middle garden cottages and 2 Non A/C rooms in the main building with twin beds, Bath, WC and Varandah/Balcony. All rooms have fan but no television. All bathrooms have cold/hot water facility.